Recommended ages: 8+
The Last Supper children’s party theme is based on scriptures from all four Gospels of the Holy Bible: Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22, and John 13. These books are at the beginning of the New Testament. Provided within this party theme are color schemes, centerpiece ideas, materials used, instructions, tips, and ideas.
Holy Bible Verse Reference: Last Supper Bible Scriptures: Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22, John 13
Complementary Color Scheme Ideas for Decorations: Metallic Tones
Complementary color scheme ideas, include: brass, bronze, copper, gold, silver, or other metallic tones colors.
Table Centerpiece Ideas: Last Supper
Setup instructions available in Last Supper Download
Last Supper Games and Activities
Prayer in the Garden Game
Plays like the Heads Up 7up Game
1) Choose a small group from a larger group
For 8 Children: Choose three people out of the group. You can do this by drawing straws to keep it as fair as possible.
For 16 Children: Choose five people out of the group. You can do this by drawing straws to keep it as fair as possible.
For 24 Children: Choose seven people out of the group. You can do this by drawing straws to keep it as fair as possible.
2) Have those chosen stand in front of everybody while the rest are sitting down within a designated area.
3) Have someone in the front say “We’ve fallen asleep in the garden.” Everyone but the people standing should put their heads down in the folds of their arms with a thumb up. (See picture below).
4) Have those same people standing go around the room quietly and touch one person’s thumb.
5) When each of the original people standing have touched one person’s thumb, they stand in front again, and someone says, “Are you still sleeping and resting?” Everyone whose thumb was touched stands up.
6) Each “tagged” player has one chance to guess who tagged them out of the original standing people. If they get it right, they become one of the standing, and switch places. Those that guess correctly win a small prize.
Disciple Who Am I?
1) Twenty-four disciple decals or placards of both male and female Biblical characters are available in the Last Supper theme download. We suggest using card stock instead of standard paper. If possible, laminate these decals or placards for longer use.
2) Assign a disciple decal or placard to each person. Do not let them know which disciple it is. Use a safety pin to attach the disciple decal to each person’s back so that it is readable by others.
3) Each person asks questions from others throughout the course of the party to help identify the disciple pinned to his / her back.
1) Slippery surface (Ex: Slip and slide, plastic tarp, trash bag torn at the seam)
2) Food coloring
3) Shaving cream
4) Basins or buckets
8) Popsicle sticks or straws
1) You can choose to do this before or after the last supper meal (in the Bible it was done prior to).
2) Lay down the slippery surface as a walkway.
3) Line chairs in a row at the end of the slippery surface. Place a bucket, container of water, and towel in front of each chair.
4) Place mounds of shaving cream on the slippery surface.
5) Drop a few drops of food coloring onto the mounds of shaving cream. This is just for fun and will likely make party guests more willing to participate.
6) Use the Popsicle sticks or straws to swirl the food coloring into the shaving cream.
Caution: This can be very slippery
1) Each child walks barefoot one at a time through the shaving cream. The adults are waiting at the line of chairs. One of the adults explains the importance of humility and servanthood.
2) Each child then moves from the end of the slippery walkway and sits in one of the chairs.
3) Each adult now washes the feet of his / her child with the bucket, water, and towel.
4) Have each child describe the experience.
Some Questions to Think About:
1) How do you think the disciples felt when Jesus washed their feet?
2) Do you understand why Peter was reluctant to let Jesus wash his feet?
3) What does this activity symbolize?
4) Why did Jesus wash their feet?
5) Why don’t we wash each other’s feet today?
Game instructions available in Last Supper Download
Last Supper Food
Snack Foods: Juice, crackers, fruit, hard boiled eggs, sliced meats
Optional Meal: Passover inspired
1) Horseradish or wasabi sauce / dressing
2) Bitter herbs: romaine lettuce, endives, parsley, green onion, or celery leaves
3) Fruit and nut mixture with cinnamon and honey
4) Fresh raw vegetables: leafy green vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, spinach, etc), celery
5) Meat: Chicken, beef, lamb, or goat
6) Hard boiled eggs
Five recipes available in Last Supper Download, including sauces, soups, appetizers, main courses, and desserts.
Last Supper Invitations
Three ready to print invitations available in Last Supper Download.