Recommended ages: 6+
The Promise Keeper children’s party theme is based on scriptures describing Moses (Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy) and Jesus (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John). There are a number of similarities and parallels between Moses of the Old Testament and Jesus of the New Testament. This party describes some of those similarities. It also demonstrates that while Moses was a man called by God to serve his people, Jesus is God who willingly sacrificed Himself to save the world. Provided within this party theme are color schemes, centerpiece ideas, materials used, instructions, tips, and ideas.
Holy Bible Verse Reference: Promise Keeper Bible Scriptures: Numbers 21, Deuteronomy 18, John 1, Hebrews 3 & 11
Complementary Color Scheme Ideas for Decorations: Royal Tones
Complementary color scheme ideas, include: royal purple, royal blue, black, and metallic colors (bronze, silver).
Table Centerpiece Ideas: Promise Keeper
Setup instructions available in Promise Keeper Download
Promise Keeper Games and Activities
Manna From Heaven Game
1) Cotton balls (Manna)
2) Fish crackers
4) Cup or container
1) The leader leads the group in a prayer asking God for food.
2) Fish crackers and puffs of cotton balls are thrown around in a large space on the floor.
3) Each player is given a straw and a cup / container.
4) When the leader says “Go”, the players use the straws and only the straws to pick up and place in the container as many fish and cotton balls as they can.
5) The winner is the one with the fullest cup.
The concept of this game is simple with a little twist. You will need a piñata that looks like a stone or rock (gray or brown). Attach blue streamers or blue yarn to heavy objects like candy and stuff them into the piñata. This resembles water flowing from the rock. Each person will take a turn to hit the piñata. Younger kids can go without a blindfold, and older kids can use a blindfold.
Promise Keeper Life Size Board Game
This is a life size board game in which each person participates individually. It is part Trivial Pursuit, part Sorry, and all fun. There are multiple journeys each person can take which demonstrates the similarities between Moses and Jesus. The primary purpose of this game is to understand how Moses of the old Testament is a metaphor for the salvation provided by Jesus in the New Testament.
Game instructions and art pieces available in Promise Keeper Download
Promise Keeper Food
Manna From Heaven Bread:
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup wheat flour
2 teaspoons salt
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and oil.
2) Let sit for about 5 minutes or until the yeast has dissolved.
3) Add in the honey.
4) Slowly add in the flour, one cup at a time.
5) Add in the salt.
6) Knead by hand or with the paddle attachment of your electric mixer for about 10 minutes.
7) In the same bowl, brush the dough with oil and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
8) Form the dough into a log and place in a greased loaf pan.
9) Brush with more oil.
10) Preheat oven to 350ºF.
11) Slice the top with a sharp bread knife or any serrated knife.
12) Bake at 425ºF for about 10 minutes and then lower the heat to 350ºF and bake for 5-15 minutes more.
13) Let cool before removing from pan.
Crispy Fish Bites:
Cod fillet or other firm white fish, skinned
Plain all-purpose flour
Fresh white breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped green onion
6 tablespoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons dry dill (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 dashes hot pepper sauce
1) To make the sauce, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, green onion, lemon juice, dill, salt, black pepper, and pepper sauce together in a bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
2) Cut the fish into finger-sized pieces.
3) Place the flour on a plate and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4) Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl and place the breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
5) Dip the fish first into the seasoned flour, then the eggs and finally the breadcrumbs, ensuring they are well coated.
6) Half fill a large, deep saucepan with the oil and heat until a crust of bread will brown in 40 seconds.
7) Fry the fish in the hot oil, in batches, so that the temperature of the oil is not lowered, until golden brown, about 2–3 mins.
8) Drain well on kitchen paper and serve with the sauce and lemon cut into wedges.
Five recipes available in Promise Keeper Download, including sauces, soups, appetizers, main courses, and desserts.
Promise Keeper Invitations